Surname Saturday: Bennetts

Okay, I missed updating with a surname post last week, so let's get back to the schedule with the line that should have been posted then.  Today we'll look at another line where I know only two generations.  As far as I know right now, this line wholly resided in England, specifically in Cornwall.

The Bennetts line connects into my wife's Dunn line which migrated through a town within a reasonable drive of my current home.  Harriet Bennetts was born toward the close of the 18th century; she was christened on 1 November 1798 in Camborne, Cornwall, England.  The christening is at least confirmed in the England Births and Christenings data set at Beta FamilySearch.  She married Edward Dunn in Camborne, maybe on 2 December 1819.  I know of six children born to this marriage in Cornwall.  There is a note in my files that her name may have been spelled Hariett Bennets instead.

Hariet's parents were James Bennetts and Anne __ (these names are also listed in the christening record mentioned above).  The only information that I have on her parents so far is that James's surname may have also been spelled Bennets.

The next steps to research on this line are fairly obvious.  Find out more about Harriet and work back in time from her.

No comments: