Connecting to fame

So last month I got an email from FamilySearch.org that they were rolling out a new Famous Relatives page.  It shows famous historical figures that connect to my tree in some way, usually a distant cousin.  I finally had some time to check it out today and, wow, there are a lot of connections.  My maternal line connects back to quite a lot of people; I need to add more connections on my father's side to see how this list grows.  What they've connected for me so far includes:

... and one athlete: Gordie Howe (12th cousin, once removed).

I had known about Winston Churchill already, but the list there showed a different lineage than I knew, so there is definitely more research to be done there.  And, with a few family members who worked for Disney in the 1940s, it's cool to see that Walt was actually a cousin.  However, the most surprising to me is that, according to FamilySearch, I'm a Mayflower descendant!

I know where I'm gonna be looking next....

No comments: